Moving can be one of the most stressful things to do. Typical choices are renting a U-Haul and moving everything yourself or hiring a company to pack your stuff and move it for you. Renting a U-Haul can be rough – besides loading your stuff up a ramp into a truck you have to drive it to the location where you will be moving. U-Hauls are large vehicles and can be cumbersome to get around corners or to find a parking space – not everyone is comfortable driving them. Moving companies can be helpful by packing up your stuff for you and moving you to your destination, but chances are higher for getting stuff broken or damaged than if you were to move yourself.
One great option for moving that you may not have considered is renting a portable storage container. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Packing is up to you: With moving companies, they load up their trucks and oftentimes don’t know what is in the boxes that they are stacking – which can lead to more incidents where items get broken. One of the great perks, is that you get to load the portable storage container(s) up yourself, which can prevent issues like that.
Depending on the amount of stuff you have, you may want to get more than one storage container. Some people will get multiple and designate each container for a room in their house. You can pack them any way that you choose. You may want to put the most important items to unpack first closest to the entrance, so they are easily accessible.
- They Move Your Stuff: Once you have packed up your storage container, they will pick it up and move it to where you wish. Before getting a storage container, it is important to notify them if you are doing a local move, long distance move, or if you are just wanting to store your stuff long term.
- Stuff is Protected: Portable storage containers protect against weather like rain, temperature changes, and humid conditions. This ensures that your possessions are kept dry and protected from damage.
- No Time Pressure: You are able to pack up your storage container, at your leisure. Rent it for a month, two months, or even longer term like a year. If at any point you realize you will need it longer, just call up and let them know.
- Easy Process: All you need to do to get started is to contact a portable storage company to get a quote. If you decide to proceed, then they will deliver your container where you choose. Once you are done, they will pick it up and move it where you wish. They are easy to pack, and you don’t have a ramp you need to lug stuff up – everything is ground level.
When it’s time for you to move again, consider your options carefully. If you are thinking about getting a portable storage container, compare a few different places as not everyone has the same sized containers or the same weather and temperature protections.