The soaring popularity of online dating has many people wondering what type of information should be included on a profile for a dating site. From selecting the right picture and writing a great headline to the personal description, including these five items on your profile may lead to your happily ever after.
1. The first thing that a potential date will notice about your profile will be the picture that your select. In order to convey a truthful message about yourself, select a photo that is both recent and real. Strangely, the posture displayed in the picture that you select could have an impact on your future date’s initial opinion of you, so be sure to choose an image that displays this type of non-verbal cue.
2. Selecting a username for an online dating site is the first step toward meeting a like-minded person. Names like “Quirky Bibliophile” or “Southern Chef” reveal information about your hobbies, background and even preferences in the type of individuals you would prefer to date. Such usernames are excellent additions to a profile because they offer genuine facts about who you are.
3. While many online daters try to convey humor in the headline of their profile, doing so ineffectively may leave otherwise interested people uncertain about contacting them. In most cases, finding a creative way to describe what you are looking for is the best method for landing the date. Creating headlines like, “Blond Dreamer Looking for Friendship First” indicates something about your appearance, personality and online dating goals in a single sentence.
4. The “About Me” section of your online dating profile should contain three distinct paragraphs; these should go into detail about who you are and what you want in a partner, interesting quirks and experiences that have shaped your personality and your preferences. If you are struggling to find information to share, consider discussing how a year in Prague shaped your career as an architect or the fact that you prefer the idea of pets to children. The important part is to reveal enough about yourself to leave the reader wanting more.
5. Finally, painting a clear picture of your present life is an excellent way to end the profile. This is the section to mention your recent vacation or the fact that you are looking forward to an upcoming event in your city. Include a conversation starter to encourage the reader to take action and make contact with you.
Putting tips like these to work in your online dating profile may help you meet the partner of your dreams. Whether you are hoping for true love, real lust or something in between, a well-crafted profile can help meet someone new.